Recruitment of One (01) Individual Consultant to develop a Manual of Procedures for the Management and use of the expanded ECOWAS Regional Buffer Stock17 Jan, 2019
WEST AFRICAN HEALTH ORGANISATION (WAHO)
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(Individual Consulting Service)
Reference No FM/TEND/AMI/2019/02/bk
Recruitment of One (01) Individual Consultant to develop a Manual of Procedures for the Management and use of the expanded ECOWAS Regional Buffer Stock
AMI_RECRUTEMENT D’UN CI_STOCK DE SECURITE_Eng (for download)
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), a specialised institution of ECOWAS, has received grants from the World Bank for the implementation of the REDISSE project and intends to use part of this grant to make payments under the following contract: “Recruitment of one (01) Individual Consultant to Develop a Manual of Procedures for the Management and Use of the ECOWAS Expanded Regional Buffer Stock”.
Main Purpose of the Assignment
The objectives of the consulting mission are as follows:
Develop the procedures manual to facilitate the management and use of the ECOWAS expanded regional buffer stock.
- Analyse the regional context for the establishment of the expanded regional buffer stock to include disease control and epidemics / health emergencies inputs.
- Propose guidelines for a manual of procedures to ensure optimization in the management of the expanded buffer stock to include inputs for disease control and epidemics / health emergencies.
- Draft the manual of procedures for the management of the expanded buffer stock to include inputs for disease control and epidemics / health emergencies.
- Propose a monitoring and evaluation mechanism for the expanded regional buffer stock to include inputs for disease control and epidemics / health emergencies.
- Finalise the procedures manual taking into consideration the amendments resulting from the regional validation workshop.
The mission is to last for three (03) months.
The mission must be conducted by one (01) individual expert with the following qualifications and skills:
- A Doctorate in Pharmacy or any other related discipline;
- A higher qualification in the field of Public Health and/or stock management or any other related discipline;
- At least ten (10) years of hands-on experience in Health science studies, and/or in the development of manuals of procedure in the field of disease control;
- Proven experience of at least ten (10) years in the management of input stocks for infectious disease control and/or health emergencies, epidemic and health emergency preparedness and response. Experience in stock management in West Africa would be an added advantage ;
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking;
- Proven experience in analysing and strengthening supply chains and logistics management of health systems in ECOWAS countries;
- Good academic writing and health activity report writing skills;
- Good command of at least one of the three official languages of ECOWAS (French, English, Portuguese). Good command of a second language would be an asset;
- Computer literacy.
Content of the EOI
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) invites qualified individual consultants to express their interest in providing the aforementioned services.
Interested individual consultants must provide:
- Letter of expression of interest;
- A detailed, dated and signed Curriculum Vitae by the consultant, highlighting qualifications and experience in carrying out similar assignments, as well as references to enable checks.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants as set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers (ed. January 2011, revised in July 2014) available on the World Bank web site http://www.worldbank.org
Information, Date and Venue for Submission of Applications
Interested consultants may access the TORs on WAHO website at: w3.wahooas.org. They may also get additional information on reference materials from the address stated below and on the following working days and office hours: Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4 pm.
The expression of interest with the reference “Recruitment of one (01) Individual Consultant to Develop a Manual of Procedures for the Management and Use of the ECOWAS Expanded Regional Buffer Stock” on the envelope shall be submitted to the WAHO secretariat via post or email at the address below not later than 11.00 a.m. (GMT) on Thursday 7 February 2019.
West African Health Organisation
01 BP 153 Bobo-Dioulasso 01
Avenue Ouezzin COULIBALY
Telephone: (226) 20 97 57 75/ 20 97 00 97
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Stanley OKOLO