ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
· Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
· Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
· Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
· Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
· Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
· Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
· Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
· interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
· ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
· ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
· demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
· understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
· ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
· ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
· ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
· Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
· knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
· knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
· ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
· ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
· ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
· exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
· proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
· Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
· ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
· identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
· ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
· ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;