Selection of Firms for the Provision of Car Rental Services (Framework Agreement)18 May, 2023
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Selection of Firms for the Provision of Car Rental Services (Framework Agreement)
Reference No. 6-ECW/CIS/DAGS/16-05/ne
EN-EOI – Car Hire Services-May 2023
1. The ECOWAS Commission intends to apply a portion of its budgeted funds for the Selection of Firms
for the Provision of Car Rental Services under a Framework Agreement.
2. The main objective is for eligible and qualified Car Rental Service Providers with the relevant experience,
to provide high quality and professional services for the ECOWAS Commission to transport participants
for various meetings and events, and any other assignment in the absence of its official vehicles.
3. The scope of services for the car rental company will include: Providing vehicles within a minimum of 24 hours upon request. The availability and readiness to provide all types of vehicles as may be requested from time to time. The capability to provide fuel and necessary logistics for any trip. Provision of well-equipped vehicles with appropriate fire extinguishers, jacks, and spare tyres; always
ready for any emergency. The capacity to provide replacement vehicles within 2 hours, should there be a need or in case of
breakdowns of the vehicle earlier provided.
4. The types of vehicles required depend on the model of the vehicle: Category A: SUV; Executive car; Saloon car. Category B: 30-Seater Bus; 15-Seater Bus; Panel Van. Category C: Box body Trucks 6 – 8 tyres; Trucks between 6 – 8 tyres; Trailer between 12 – 14 tyres
Service Providers are requested to submit their Technical and Financial Proposals
electronically, and indicate the category of interest as highlighted above. Service Providers are
not limited to submitting proposals for one category only, and may submit for either one or
more categories. The category or categories must be clearly stated in the submission.
5. The Framework Agreement will be for an initial duration of one (1) year and may be subject to renewal
conditions based on performance of the service contract.
6. The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Car Rental Service Providers to express their interest in
providing the services. Interested Service Providers shall provide information showing that they have
the required qualifications and experience to provide the requested services. The applicants are to
meet the criteria set out below.
7. Service Providers must submit a Technical and a Financial Proposal.
The Technical Proposal of the service provider must be signed and include the following elements
which will be used as criteria for evaluation: A brief description of how the company plans to carry out the services, i.e. its approach and strategy. The company should demonstrate that they have efficient and effective logistics, as well as
communication channels that support the smooth running of the services for easy liaison. The company should highlight its security and safety procedures. Demonstrate the availability of staff.
Qualification and Experience A well-reputed professional company with at least five (5) years of experience, specializing in
providing car rental services both locally and within the ECOWAS Sub-Region. The company
profile is required.
Copy of business registration certificate/document showing evidence of being in business for at
least five (5) years or more.
Valid Trade License or equivalent document.
Evidence of three (3) years tax clearance certificate from the locations of the business.
A reference list of clients with similar services provided (current or past clients) for a minimum
period of two (2) consecutive years or more, along with their contact details.
Age: the driver(s) must be between the ages of 20- 40 years (valid proof of identification should be
provided as evidence).
Qualification: minimum educational qualification must either be a Higher Secondary School
Certificate (HSC), West African Senior School Certificate (WAEC) or A-level as minimum
Experience: minimum of at least three (3) years’ experience in driving light vehicles.
Working ability: able to receive and dispatch letters and parcels with at least two (2) years of
Good communication skills and knowledge of at least one (1) of the ECOWAS Official languages.
Knowledge of a second language would be an advantage.
Behavior and Conduct: should be polite, well-groomed, and well mannered.
The Financial Proposal must be signed and sent electronically in a passworded document.
The Financial Proposal must include the prices for any category applied for and should not include
VAT or other additional taxes of any nature.
(NB: The ECOWAS Commission would like to draw the attention of interested consultants to Article
117 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code on “Fraud and Corruption”, which provides
information on fraudulent or corrupt practices in competition or contract execution. Furthermore,
candidates are invited to take cognisance of the specific information on conflict of interest related to this
consultancy service, under Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code).
8. The selection of companies for the Provision of Car Rental Services will be made in accordance with the
Framework Agreement procedures as laid down in the Procurement Code. Interested Catering Service
Providers may obtain more information by contacting the Procurement Division at the email below during
working hours, i.e., Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT +1). Email:
email@example.com, with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
9. Expressions of interest must include the Technical and Financial Proposals in two (2) separate
passworded documents named accordingly and must be submitted electronically to the dedicated
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The subject of the email should read “Selection of Firms for the Provision of Car Rental Services
(Framework Agreement)” and submitted no later than Tuesday, 11th July 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
(GMT+1, Nigerian time) to the following address:
Please note that physical documents will not be accepted at the ECOWAS Commission, only
electronic submissions to the dedicated email address are allowed.
Commissioner for Internal Services