Consultancy Services for Supervision of the Construction of Joint Border Post (JBP) at Jendema- BoWaterside Border Between Liberia and Sierra Leone21 Sep, 2023
ECOWAS REGIONAL JOINT BORDER POST (JBP) DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM:
JENDEMA-BO-WATERSIDE JOINT BORDER POST PROJECT BETWEEN LIBERIA-SIERRA LEONE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services for Supervision of the Construction of Joint Border Post (JBP) at Jendema- BoWaterside Border Between Liberia and Sierra Leone
1. The Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS) Commission, as part of the Regional Joint Border
Post Development Program intends to recruit a consulting firm to assist in the Supervision of the
construction of a Joint Border Post at Jendema- Bo-Waterside border between the Republic of Liberia
and Republic of Sierra Leone. The Joint Border Posts (JBP) program is a community intervention aimed at
facilitating border crossing formalities and controls to reduce the cost and time spent at land borders
between Member States by bringing together officials from neighboring countries to undertake
simultaneous and joint controls to expedite movement.
2. The main objective of the assignment is to assist the ECOWAS Commission to properly monitor and manage
the project and to ensure that all the specifications and methods are in place to carry out the construction
works according to standards, within the time limits and at the amounts provided.
3. Duties and responsibilities of the consultant firm:
3.1. Before construction:
– Participate in all necessary stages of validation of designs/studies carried out by the design
– Participate in bidding processes as may be deemed necessary
3.2. During construction:
The Consultant firm shall monitor the execution of the works according to the Technical Specification,
Design drawings and Conditions of Contract. The consultant shall also carry out the following activities:
– Represent the project owner on site.
– Monitor daily, on a task-by-task basis, all activities planned by the Contractor to ascertain delays
and inconsistencies that may be observed on the schedule.
– In-depth monthly review of the planning to enable the necessary adjustments to be made to the
general planning to forestall cost and time overruns
– Verification of the adequacy of the methodologies presented at the agreed technical specifications
– Verification of the consistency of the financial planning with the financial schedule
– Organize all documents associated with works supervision in accordance with professional
– Monitor compliance with quantities specified in the Bills of Quantities;
– Ensure the quality of the materials used for the works to assure value for money. In this regard,
liaise with the appropriate laboratories to prepare samples for testing. The Consultant will actively
participate in the preparation of test reports.
– Where quality problems are identified, inform ECOWAS and propose appropriate solutions;
– Submit opinions on all samples for the finishing of the works (carpentry, glazing, painting, tiling,
false ceilings, etc.) to help ECOWAS make a choice
– Monitor and ensure adherence to and the implementation of the site’s environmental
– Facilitate and participate weekly site meetings and monthly coordination meetings
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports, any specific reports required and a
project completion report
– Organize the various site visits of the authorities
– ensure that the Contractor and all its subcontractors recruit local workers and assist in resolving
labour issues that may arise in accordance with National Lays
– Ensure compliance with the safety measures to be observed by staff (mandatory wearing of PPE)
– Monitor all the components of the site activities to identify any problems that may hinder the
smooth running of the work;
– Participate in provisional acceptance of work
4. The Contract duration will correspond to the time required to complete the work and it is estimated to 24
5. The ECOWAS Commission, invites eligible Consultants (consulting firms specialized in transport infrastructure
engineering) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Consultants shall be shortlisted
based on the following criteria: (a) General Experience in Building/Road (Studies/Supervision) over the past
10 years (2013 – 2023); (b) Specific Experience in Supervision of Building/Roads with inter connected roads
and facilities atthe past 10 years (2013 – 2023); (c) Experience in Building/Road Projects in Sub-Sahara African
during the last 10 years (2013 – 2023); (d) Availability of appropriate skills staff in the areas required in a, b
and c above. (List, Qualifications, and Experience); (e)the Availability of Logistics (Resources and Equipment)
& IT Resources (Specialized Software) for managing the project, (f) Capacity to Produce Reports and all other
Relevant Documents in both English and French.
NB: Each Reference (experience) will be summarized on a Project Sheet with all relevant Supporting
Documents indicating the Contact Information of the Contracting Authorities or Client so as to facilitate
verification of the information provided. In addition, excerpts of Contracts (cover page with title and
page with the signatures) OR Attestation of Good Performance or Certificate of Completion for each
quoted reference project should be submitted.
6. Consultants may constitute Joint-Ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
7. The Eligibility criteria, preparation of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the
ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code which is available on the ECOWAS Commission’s Website at
8. Interested consultants can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below during
working hours: 9.00am – 4.00pm, Nigerian Time, (GMT + 1) Mondays through Fridays (except public
holidays): email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com ;
firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Expression of Interest must be delivered in hard copies (one (1) signed original plus three (3) copies) to the
address below, not later than Thursday October 19, 2023, at 11.00 am (GMT + 1), Nigerian Time and must
be clearly marked: “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for the Supervision of the
construction of Joint Border Post at Jendema-Bo-Waterside Border between Liberia and Sierra Leone:
For delivery in person or by registered mail to:
ECOWAS Commission, Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division 1st Floor,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, NIGERIA.
Requests for further information or clarification could be sent by e-mail:
Attention: Ag, Head of Procurement Division
– Email: ; email@example.com
with copies to:
– firstname.lastname@example.org ;
10. The working languages shall be English. The Expression of Interest will be submitted in English.