Drivers (9)23 Jun, 2023
|JOB TITLE||Drivers (9)|
|JOB CODE||20000291, 20000238, 20000265
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA 9,535.80 USD 15,045.59
UA 11,083.65 USD 17,487.78
UA 17,067.59 USD 26,929.25
|DEPARTEMENT||General Administration and Conference|
|DIRECTORATE||Administration and General Services|
|DIVISION||Administration, Logistics & Maintenance|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||PO Logistics & Maintenance|
|DUTY STATION||ABUJA NIGERIA|
| APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 8 AUGUST 2023
Under the supervision of the PO Logistics & Maintenance, the position provides support to Fleet Management & Transport with everyday operations in making sure of the smooth running of the Commission’s fleet of vehicles.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate with a formal driver training certificate and a valid driver’s license/ certification to operate assigned vehicle.
· Two (2) years’ experiences as a driver, preferably for an international organization involving a variety of makes and models of vehicles.
· Working knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, and ability to read and interpret traffic signs and documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions.
· Maintain a logbook.
· Knowledge of defensive driving practices, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and protocols of relevance to safety and security of passengers during inclement weather, terrorism events, motor accidents, criminal and violent incidents.
· Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance (e.g., circle check) and ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and minor vehicle repairs.
Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
· Understands own role in the team, making every effort to contribute in a meaningful way.
· Adapts quickly to new ways of doing things.
· Ability to follow simple instructions and to consistently complete work in a timely manner.
· Ability to learn from others, on-the-job and independently by reading instructions, guidelines and work manuals.
· Ability to motivate self along the organizational structure.
· Ability to interact with others in a candid, timely and straightforward manner.
· Ability to communicate general information in an accurate and customer-friendly way.
· Capable of dealing with difficult clients or situations in an effective manner, understanding own limitations and when to call for assistance.
· Ability to deal honestly with clients and avoid conflict of interest.
· Knowledge of ECOWAS diversity management and multiculturalism.
· Ability to interact with others in a manner that is adapted and that respects multicultural and diversity policies/expectations.
· Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
· Ability to ask questions in order to clarify multicultural and diversity expectations in the day-to-day execution of assigned tasks and learns from experiences.
· Clearly understands the goals and targets of assigned work.
· Knowledge of the mandate of the organization.
· Ability to understand, apply and explain ECOWAS procedures and work instructions.
· Ability to display values in the execution of assigned duties that reflect ECOWAS expectations.
· Keep high quality records that are easy for others to understand.
· Knowledge of who to seek within ECOWAS for information important to the execution of assigned duties.
· Ability to write with correct grammar and spelling and draw reasonable conclusions from written instructions.
· Good written communication skills in order to understand correspondence/emails and reply accordingly.
· Ability to use technology as determined by assigned responsibilities and internal standards.
· Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT).
· Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
· Approaches and carries out all duties in a thorough and organized manner.
· Ability to identify and appreciate the urgency and importance of different tasks.
· Knowledge of the need for quality record keeping in planning and implementation of assigned tasks.
· Ability to execute tasks in accordance with step-by-step instructions.
Assessment method: Assessment of qualified candidates may include a written exercise and a competency-based interview
Special Notice: This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule article 9.3 of the ECOWAS Staff Regulations (revised 2021). All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited from ECOWAS citizens who are resident in the Member state where the position has been advertised. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment.