WEST AFRICAN HEALTH ORGANISATION
Incident Manager (word)
||USD 36,901 USD – 44,469/ USD 44,328 – USD 51,637
|Reports to :
||Head of the Division of Health Emergency and Disasters Management
|Duty Station :
Under the supervision of the Head of the Division, the incumbent will work closely with the Professionals in charge of Surveillance, Laboratory Services, Research and Training to design and implement appropriate intervention strategies for epidemic and health emergency control in West Africa .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and strengthen the capacity of Member States and ECOWAS in epidemic preparedness and response including risk assessment and technical support to human resources.
- Support Emergency Operations Centres (including ICT and communication skills), Incident Management Plans to ensure optimal support to the management of public health emergencies.
- Conduct incident management process including coordination of activities of the ECOWAS’ Regional Rapid Response Team (ECOWAS/RRRT) to be mobilized for field deployment in case of outbreak.
- Provide quality training and state of the art equipment to ERRT Workforce
- Develop and manage Regional databases on FELTP and Disease surveillance Experts and Technicians who may be mobilized from one country to another if necessary.
- Manage resources (medicines, medical supplies, vaccines, reagents, consumables), in collaboration with Donor Agencies in case of outbreak or emergency.
- Produce management information, including key performance indicators and reports on outbreak management and health emergency in West Africa to afford capitalization of lessons learned and identification of Best Practices.
- Monitor the effectiveness of incident management and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to research on epidemic-prone diseases and complex emergency situations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or Medical Sciences with Postgraduate qualifications in Public Health and/or Intervention Epidemiology.
- At least 5 years of cognate professional experience in management and implementation of complex health programmes in West Africa;
- Possession of higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years;
- Proven experience in the implementation of disease control strategies, teamwork and supervision of implementing partners.
- Excellent leadership skills, collaboration with partners, Good interpersonal social and advocacy skills.
- Strong ability for strategic analysis, summary and report writing in at least two of the three official languages of ECOWAS (French, English and Portuguese).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as good knowledge of health policies and work environment in ECOWAS Countries.
Candidate must not be more than 50 (fifty) years of age at the point of recruitment and must be an ECOWAS citizen.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.