| JD_HR_Ang_Employee Data Management & Reporting P3_P4
Under the supervision of the Principal Officer Salary Policy & Pension Administration , he/she needs to understand the data, and be able to provide insight and analysis through, written and verbal communication and ensuring real-time employee details is achieved as at required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extract and analyze data from ECOLINK as required and design/generate requested reports for the organization;
- Perform systems audit to ensure no violation of employee data on ECOLINK and keep an accurate log of ECOLINK downtime;
- Design, develop and modify reports to suit organizational needs;
- Support HR systems and technology-related initiatives and generate requested reports and data for the organization;
- Advise the HR Directorate on special and on-going projects on the ECOLINK by providing systems, administrative and research support;
- Guide quality assurance of employee data on ECOLINK;
- Develop records management processes and policies;
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes;
- Set up and maintain automated data processes;
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and perform audit data quality checks and liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Design and carry out surveys and analyze survey data
- Manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer’s business
- prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in IT, Statistics or its equivalent is required from a recognized university;
- 5 Years’ experience in HR position in an international organization
- In-depth knowledge of HR Management best practices;
- demonstrate cognitive knowledge of data base creation and management, and use of specialized computer systems and programs for operationalizing a variety of HR business processes and reports.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities.
- ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
- exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: b1DataMgtReportP@ecowas.int